The Technical Sales Design Manager will play a critical role in the scaling of our corporate mandate nationwide. Functioning as connective tissue between the Sales Teams and Operational Teams, this person will ensure that sale consultants (Swell’s in-house sales team, originators, and finance resellers) are able to get technical questions answered in a timely manner before projects are proposed and sold; thus minimizing change orders and increasing customer experience, installation efficiencies and profitability.
● Answer TechSales Support Tickets in a timely manner so that consultants can maintain sales momentum and close more buildable, accurately priced projects. Build a team to do this as volume increases.
● Work very closely with the Design Team to understand Swell’s construction plan set and installation processes so they can advise consultant and installation partners on best in class installation practices that meet NEC Code, regional AHJ requirements, OEM specification, and Swell’s proprietary knowledge of installing safe, cost effective, VPP ready renewable energy systems.
● Meet with the Design Team regularly to determine recurring sale design issues or opportunities that can be addressed to increase the accuracy of point-of-sales design expectations and decrease back-end redesigns or change orders. Work with sales management to resolve these upstream issues via coaching, resource creation or team training.
● Technical sales training on underdeveloped aspects of the team's knowledge base and new products being released to the Sales Team.
● Planset review of projects designed by Finance Reseller Partners who sell our Energy Services Agreement (ESA), and work with partner design teams to make corrections.
● Review Post Install Audit documentation to ensure agreed upon construction plan set was followed.
● Support permitting department to ensure permitting approvals are expedited.
● Contribute to design knowledge base to maintain updated individual AHJ requirements.
● Assist in developing and documenting industry best design practices, standards and guidelines.
● Monitoring permitting timelines, code requirement evolution and trends, and managing the distillation of this knowledge base in our corporate AHJ wiki will also be part of the purview of the person that holds this position.
● Perform additional duties as assigned and/or directed.
● Associates level education or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Drafting & Design preferred
● 2+ years solar/solar+storage/storage or comparable industry experience
● Field/technician/installation experience a plus
● Solar sales or sales support experience a plus
● Technical training experience a plus
● Bachelor's Degree desired
● Ability to read/interpret construction/building plans and electrical diagrams
● Ability to communicate quickly and succinctly
● Ability to research potential issues and develop solutions
● Knowledge of MS Office and G-Suite (including Gmail, Gsheets, etc)
● Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and other pdf editing software
● Exceptional attention to detail & ability to work independently remotely
● Entrepreneurial mindset with a strong work ethic
● Occasional travel to and from job sites, company events, and training events
Compensation: $91k - $97k Annually
Swell Energy, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Swell Energy, Inc. does not discriminate based on the following categories: race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 years and over), sexual orientation, veteran and/or military status, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, and any other status protected by state or federal law.