The Staff Accountant will assist in the month-end process, oversee and supervise the payroll functions, which includes calculation and processing of commissions, manage the expense reports for the organization, ensuring all are processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations. This position will also assist with other Corporate Accounting functions as assigned.
• Assist with reviewing the general ledger accounts and preparing and adjusting journal entries.
• Performs account analysis and reconciliations.
• Assists with the Month-End processes.
• Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing and accounting systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, commissions, benefits, reimbursements, garnishments, taxes, and other earnings and deductions.
• Calculates and processes all sales commissions.
• Helps facilitate an updated Expense Report process. Reviews all submitted Expense Reports to ensure accuracy. Submits completed Expense Reports for Finance approval as required for pre-approved employee expenditures.
• Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
• Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
• Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
• Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
• Identifies and recommends updates to payroll accounting software, systems, and procedures.
• Performs the processes necessary in the conversion to a new payroll system when this occurs.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of general financial accounting.
• Extensive knowledge of payroll functions including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce, or related software.
• Proficient with payroll software.
• Ability to work well with others.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required.
• At least three to five years of related experience required
Salary range: $77,500 - $82,500
Swell Energy, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Swell Energy, Inc. does not discriminate based on the following categories: race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 years and over), sexual orientation, veteran and/or military status, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, and any other status protected by state or federal law.