The Southern California C&I Regional Sales Manager reports to the VP of C&I Sales and has overall responsibility for developing and closing on a pipeline of projects in the Southern California region in the Commercial and Industrial (C&I) segment comprising installations of new solar PV + Energy storage (ESS), ESS retrofits to facilities with existing solar, and standalone ESS installations. The C&I installations shall support Swell’s overall Virtual Power Plant development. The ideal candidate is a technically savvy, proven problem solver, is passionate about making an impact on the future of clean energy in the US, and is able to breakdown complex subjects to make them simple for all levels of decision makers of Swell’s target customers.
● Responsible for the successful sales origination and closure of C&I solar and/or energy storage projects in the designated region to meet Swell’s pipeline development, sales targets and revenue goals.
○ Responds promptly to all assigned leads and opportunities.
○ Manages all aspects of the customer proposal process from generation to customer acceptance, coordinating where needed with Swell technical resources on project design and pricing.
○ Manages customer contract execution to deal closure, including Memorandums of Understanding, Energy Services Agreements, Power Purchase Agreements, System Installation Agreements, Grid Services Agreements and Grid Program Participation Agreements.
○ Maintains pertinent lead and opportunity data in a proactive and timely manner in salesforce.com.
● Generates leads through referral and networking activities, as well as expanding sales opportunities via C&I channel partners, including developers and installers.
● Collects feedback from customers on Swell’s products and services, providing timely insights to peers and management as appropriate.
● From time to time as requested by management, supports initiatives to expand or grow Swell’s C&I business.
● Sets appropriate expectations for the hand-off to Swell’s construction and operations teams.
● Works closely with peers and management to refine our sales processes and systems to maximize conversion, improve efficiency and shorten buying cycles.
● Enhances the Swell brand by embodying Swell’s core values in every interaction
● At least BS or equivalent level education.
● Three of more years of demonstrated success in selling complex solar and/or energy storage projects into the Commercial and Industrial Segment.
● Solid understanding of Solar and/or Energy Storage project design and customer economics.
● Analytical mindset, able to execute on complex projects in the C&I sector.
● Strong communications and negotiation skills, with ability to communicate effectively at all levels of a customer’s organization.
● Location in Southern California is preferred, but not mandatory.
● Ability to travel to customer sites to close deals as needed.
● Knowledge of PV Syst, Helioscope, Energy toolbase, Salesforce.
● Experience with Microsoft tools (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) is a must, and prior experience with Google workspace tools is a bonus.
Salary range: $110,000 - 130,000 + variable comp
Swell Energy, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Swell Energy, Inc. does not discriminate based on the following categories: race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 years and over), sexual orientation, veteran and/or military status, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, and any other status protected by state or federal law.