The Senior Manager / Director, of C&I Project Sales Engineering reports to the Head of Commercial Solutions and has overall leadership responsibility for the technical due diligence, design, cost estimation and technical risk management for Swell’s Commercial and Industrial (C&I) Project Sales process.
Projects typically incorporate a newly installed battery energy storage system (BESS), either stand-alone or coupled with new or existing solar PV. Projects may integrate other technologies such as electric vehicle charging infrastructure, building energy management and microgrid controls. Project designs also support Swell’s overall Virtual Power Plant development objectives.
The Senior Manager / Director will have considerable latitude to define, develop and execute processes and strategies which improve the overall effectiveness of project design during the sales process.
● Taking into account overall project design goals, facility constraints and knowledge of C&I project interconnection or permitting requirements, establishes C&I project designs and cost estimates which optimize customer value and mitigate Swell’s execution risk.
● Provides technical support to the C&I sales team in evaluating project design trade-offs and supports the sales team in their interactions with customers and customer representatives on project design topics that are technical in nature.
● May travel to a site and/or coordinate third party site visits as needed to support a thorough understanding of site design objectives and constraints.
● Upon successful closure of a C&I project, transfers ownership of the project to Swell’s Operations Team and provides them with the support necessary for successful execution of the construction phase of the project, from creation of permit ready designs, through to permission to operate.
● Performs audits following project completion which emphasize material deviations in as-built versus initial designs, as well as accuracy of cost estimates made during the project sales phase. Develops and implements improvements to technical sales support processes based on lessons learned.
● Proactively monitors developments in code and interconnection rules which may impact Swell’s C&I projects and reports to the C&I team on potential impacts in a timely manner.
● BS or Masters degree in electrical engineering.
● 5+ years experience with C&I utility interconnection processes, solar and BESS design.
● Solid understanding of technical project design of solar and BESS systems integrated behind the meter into commercial and industrial buildings.
● Demonstrated leadership skills, with proven ability to manage an interdisciplinary team of internal and external resources.
● Strong communications and project management skills, with focused attention to detail.
● Knowledge of PV Syst, Helioscope, Salesforce, Utility API, Energy ToolBase.
● Experience with Microsoft tools (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) is a must, and prior experience with salesforce.com and Google workspace tools is a bonus.
● Prior experience in a fast-growing, start-up environment strongly preferred.
● Flexible location.
Salary range: $140,000 - 150,000 + bonus
Swell Energy, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Swell Energy, Inc. does not discriminate based on the following categories: race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 years and over), sexual orientation, veteran and/or military status, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, and any other status protected by state or federal law.