Swell Energy is looking for an experienced Public Relations Manager to oversee company communications, events, social media and press releases. A successful hire for this position will have strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills, as well as the ability to operate in a small, dynamic entrepreneurial environment. Experience and knowledge in the renewable energy sector is an advantage.
The role requires an individual who is comfortable managing various tasks and working in a fast-paced work environment. Besides a solid work ethic and a strong team-oriented personality, candidates should display creativity, passion, and a desire to break new ground in a constantly shifting technology landscape.
If you are mission-driven, hard-working and looking to grow your energy expertise and contribute to carbon-free communities, Swell Energy may be the place for you.
• Develop and coordinate PR campaigns and media relations strategies for various stakeholders including but not limited to utilities, partner organizations, NGOs, PR firm, etc.
• Collaborate with internal teams on content development and necessary approvals (e.g. marketing and grid services) and maintain open communication and coordination with senior leadership
• Develop promotional material and publications (brochures, social media posts, etc.) and ensure accuracy with technical experts
• Prepare press releases and op eds, determine opportunities for engagement
• Develop press kits and prep materials in advance of media engagement
• Develop opportunities for partnerships, memberships, sponsorships and advertising through conferences, industry events, trade organizations
• Address inquiries from the media and other parties
• Follow and engage with industry trends
• Manage third-party PR firm priorities and work products
• Proven experience as a Public Relations Officer or similar PR role
• Experience with both client and agency PR and marketing
• Experience managing media relations (online, broadcast and print)
• Background in researching, writing and editing publications
• Proficient in MS Office and social media
• Creativity and problem-solving aptitude
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally with both technical and creative teams
• Proven written, graphics, oral and presentation communication skills including strong attention to detail, copy editing and enforcing branding guidelines
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Analytical skills in data-driven marketing coupled with excellent communication abilities (written and verbal), including an ability to distill complex information into simple concepts
• Experience in applying consumer insights to inform and optimize communication strategies
• BSc/BA in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or a related field
• Desired 2+ years experience in clean energy industry
• Desired 2+ years of investor relations