Swell Energy is looking for a Public Relations Manager responsible for creating the strategic communications strategy for the organization that supports consistent business growth, increases brand reach, enhances perception and strengthens its place as a leader in the renewable energy and virtual power plant ecosystem. This person will have the responsibility for ensuring effective communication with stakeholders, media, and the public by creating and maintaining effective messaging strategies, managing public relations, press releases, media relations, content strategy and development, digital and social media. Everything the organization says and does must strengthen its credibility and influence in the marketplace. You will be responsible for refining the Swell Energy brand, building the brand, recognizing and capitalizing on external opportunities via all modes of current and emerging communication channels including technical blogs and white papers.
● Develop clear, engaging, and targeted strategic communications plan for diverse audiences including customers, board members, channel partners, suppliers, utilities, trade groups, public, etc.
● Collaborate with internal and external teams
● Prepare and distribute company press releases
● Develop and manage external communications
● Identify, develop, and maintain strategic partnerships that advance the Swell Energy vision with media, industry, non-profits, and local and national trade groups.
● Review and revise processes interdepartmentally for successful communication strategies that ensure the company speaks with one voice.
● Measure the impact of the strategies, programs, and campaigns on perception and reach.
● Develop proactive communications plans addressing targeted audiences to mitigate risk and drive communications around key issues.
● Develop a comprehensive crisis communications plan and manage crises as they arise (and/or manage outside crisis consultants when appropriate)
● Follow, establish, and implement all company processes for PR content review and approval
● Inform, and engage other staff in communications work to diversify the Organization's voice while also encouraging consistency surrounding language and definitions internally.
● Build brand awareness through communication initiatives
● Collaborate with Marketing to communicate all external facing Swell products and services
● Develop initiatives, campaigns, and content for social media, blogs, whitepapers, press releases etc to broaden our influence
● Support social media content and engagement
● Develop and manage a media relations strategy
● Set key communication goals
● Prepare and submit PR reports
● Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as a staff intranet, monthly magazine or regular email bulletin. You may also be required to work on the layout of content
● Draft messages or scripts from senior executives for presentation to employees or at public events
● Respond to feedback from staff and adjust communications content accordingly
● Bachelor's Degree
● 5 years Public Relations or Media experience
● Must be an excellent writer, communicator, editor with experience in the renewable energy and/or cleantech industry
● Demonstrated ability to develop clear, targeted branding and communications strategies tailored for multiple audiences
● A keen eye for detail and a skillful editor, to ensure communications messaging and materials are high quality, accurate, appropriate, and integrated with company priorities and themes
● Ability to manage internal and external relationships; preparing, justifying and presenting business cases, budgets and plans; and measuring the impact of different strategies and programs.
● Experience managing 3rd party vendors and service providers
● Excellent and proven project management skills
● Ability to effectively develop strong cross-functional partnerships, evidenced by a track record of teamwork and collegiality leading cross-functional teams and building relationships beyond the communications function
● Experience communicating through a wide variety of media to sophisticated, diverse audiences
● Experience developing and managing digital and social media content
● In-depth knowledge of the media landscape and familiarity with emerging platforms
● Existing media relationships in the CleanTech or Renewable Energy media industry a plus
● Passionate, entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment
Salary Range $100k- $110k (annually)
Swell Energy, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Swell Energy, Inc. does not discriminate based on the following categories: race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 years and over), sexual orientation, veteran and/or military status, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, and any other status protected by state or federal law.