The Field Safety Manager is responsible for creating, implementing, and updating all safety plans, procedures and training that directly affect personnel and field service partners. The individual who accepts this role will report to the VP of Construction and O&M. Their duties include using safety research to create, implement and manage policies that eliminate workplace hazards, documenting accidents in the workplace and investigating the circumstances of an illness or injury. They are expected to continually search for ways to improve current processes, develop solutions in collaboration with other team members, and work together to implement changes.
● Create and implement a safety program for the field environment which ensures compliance with all local, state and safety requirements.
● Create and implement a comprehensive field safety education and training program designed to protect the safety of personnel and partners in various working environments.
● Coordinate with all client, local, state, federal entities to ensure timely updates to policies and procedures.
● Investigate all safety-related mishaps in a timely manner and appropriately report in compliance with all corporate, client, local, state and federal requirements.
● Conduct client field surveillance visits, audits, creating documentation/reports, and publish findings and recommendations in a timely manner.
● Responsible for drafting and coordinating site-specific field safety plans, and reporting partner/contractual safety statistics.
● Serve on a weekly safety committee representing all operations field safety responsibilities and projects and collaborate with the team on company wide safety policies.
● Create and maintain Swell safety training knowledge base articles.
● Manage Swell’s safety training portal and ensure all users have access and are completing assigned training.
● Take on additional roles and responsibilities relating to safety when requested
● Monitor the removal of biological, physical or chemical hazards from a workplace in the event any field incident occurs.
● Provide safety training for field operations employees and partners on policies, regulations and procedures.
● Maintain accurate and current safety records.
● Analyze internal, partner and industry wide incident reports, metrics and injury case studies in order to institute changes that lead to a safer environment
● Continuously monitoring and adapting safety procedures and operations to ensure a safe and fully compliant work environment for all employees.
● Bachelor’s degree a plus but not a prerequisite
● 5-10 years experience in safety management field required
● 1-3 years of work experience as a safety manager in the construction industry preferred
● Current First Aid, CPR, and AED certifications required
● OSHA 500 certified preferred
● OSHA 30 required if not certified to 500
● EMT or First Aid for Professional Rescuer training or instructor preferred
● Experience in the residential solar and/or storage industry a plus
● Experienced CRM user (i.e. Salesforce.com)
● Proficient with Google G-Suite
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Proactive, energetic and self-motivated
● Ability to work in a team and independently
● Adaptable in quickly changing business environment
● As this is primarily a remote position, candidates must:
○ Provide a quiet and distraction-free working space
○ Have an internet connection that's adequate for their job
○ Dedicate their full attention to their job duties during working hours
○ Adhere to break and attendance schedules agreed upon with their manager