The Design Associate is responsible for facilitating the prompt and accurate completion of permitting and construction plan sets with third party design service partners and managing the completion of plan revisions requested by homeowners, AHJ’s, HOA’s or installation partners throughout the permitting and installation process.
• Review sales expectations and project site surveys prior to requesting designs to ensure specific customer requests or design requirements are communicated.
• Facilitate completion of designs with third party design service providers.
• Perform design reviews to ensure Swell’s design and quality assurance standards are being met and request revisions as needed.
• Facilitate revisions and corrections of permitting plansets based on external requests.
• Support permitting department to ensure permitting approvals are expedited.
• Contribute to design knowledge base to maintain updated individual AHJ requirements
• Assist in developing and documenting industry best design practices, standards and guidelines
• Perform additional duties as assigned and/or directed
· Associates level education or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Drafting & Design preferred
· 2+ years solar/solar+storage/storage or comparable industry experience
· Field/technician/installation experience a plus
· Bachelor's Degree desired
· Ability to read/interpret construction/building plans and electrical diagrams
· Ability to communicate quickly and succinctly
· Ability to research potential issues and develop solutions
· Knowledge of MS Office and G-Suite (including Gmail, Gsheets, etc)
· Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and other pdf editing software
· Exceptional attention to detail & ability to work independently remotely
· Entrepreneurial mindset with a strong work ethic
· Occasional travel to and from job sites, company events, and trainings.