The Senior Account Manager - Multifamily is part of our DevCo division, reports to the VP of C&I Sales and has overall responsibility for developing and closing on a pipeline of multifamily (MF) projects in California, emphasizing low income MF. Sales focus will be on new standalone energy storage (ESS), ESS retrofits to facilities with existing solar, and solar+storage installations.
The projects shall support Swell’s overall Virtual Power Plant development objectives. The ideal candidate is a technically savvy, proven problem solver, is passionate about making an impact on the future of clean energy in the US, and is able to break down complex subjects to make them simple for all levels of decision makers of Swell’s target customers.
● Responsible for the successful sales origination and closure of MF energy storage and/or solar projects, initially in California, to meet Swell’s pipeline development, sales targets and revenue goals.
○ Develops and/or supports relationships in the MF housing sector, with emphasis on low income MF.
○ Responds promptly to all assigned project leads and opportunities
○ Manages all aspects of the customer proposal process from generation to customer acceptance, coordinating where needed with Swell technical resources on project design and pricing
○ Works with internal engineers and installation partners to ensure proper scoping and pricing
○ Manages collection of owner, facility, and tenant documentation
○ Manages customer contract execution to deal closure, including Memorandums of Understanding, incentive forms, Energy Services Agreements, Power Purchase Agreements, System Installation Agreements, Grid Services Agreements and Grid Program Participation Agreements
○ Maintains pertinent lead and opportunity data in a proactive and timely manner in salesforce.com
● Generates leads through direct sales, networking activities, and other strategic partners including affiliate partners, and installers.
● Collects feedback from customers on Swell’s products and services, providing timely insights to peers and management as appropriate.
● Supports initiatives to expand or grow Swell’s C&I business, as required by management.
● Sets appropriate expectations for the hand-off to Swell’s construction and operations teams.
● Works closely with peers and management to refine our sales processes and systems to maximize conversion, improve efficiency and shorten buying cycles.
● Enhances the Swell brand by embodying Swell’s core values in every interaction.
● At least BS or equivalent level education.
● Five or more years of demonstrated successful selling experience, with two or more years selling complex solar and/or energy storage projects into the Multifamily Segment.
● Solid understanding of Solar and/or Energy Storage project design and customer economics.
● Analytical mindset, able to execute on complex projects in the C&I sector.
● Strong communications and negotiation skills, with ability to communicate effectively at all levels of a customer’s organization.
● Location in California is preferred.
● Ability to travel to customer sites to survey properties, close deals, and collect data as needed.
● Experience with Aurora, Helioscope, Energy Toolbase, Salesforce, Utility API is preferred.
● Experience with Microsoft tools (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) is a must, and prior experience with Google workspace tools is a bonus.
Compensation: $125k - $145K annually
Swell Energy, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Swell Energy, Inc. does not discriminate based on the following categories: race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 years and over), sexual orientation, veteran and/or military status, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, and any other status protected by state or federal law.