Reporting to the Head of Commercial Solutions, the C&I Asset Manager is responsible for commissioning and managing the operating performance of Swell’s fleet of behind the meter, building integrated Commercial and Industrial energy storage systems (ESS). The position requires deep knowledge and experience in remote management of distributed networking and control system assets.
● Uses established tools and methodologies to determine the appropriate system SW configuration for optimal performance of Swell’s C&I Energy Storage and Microgrid solutions prior to project commissioning.
● Performs remote commissioning of Swell’s C&I installations by configuring various SW parameters and network settings for Swell’s Energy Management System (EMS) and Data Acquisition Systems (DAS), as part of the commissioning process. Troubleshoots and resolves commissioning issues as needed to achieve full site operations.
● Remotely monitors system performance of operational sites; adjusts system configurations as needed to bring performance in line with expectations; troubleshoots system operation and performance issues; identifies when site maintenance or repair is needed and coordinates with service and maintenance teams to ensure timely resolution of necessary maintenance and repair.
● Generates and submits pre-defined system operating reports required by incentive programs, project financiers and other key stakeholders and develops and implements standard reporting for Swell management on project commissioning and operational performance.
● Recommends and develops new tools and methodologies for project commissioning, remote asset management and problem troubleshooting.
● Generates and maintains documentation of Standard Operating Procedures for site commissioning, performance management and troubleshooting.
● Supports selection of networking and communications hardware implemented in Swell’s EMS and DAS.
● In cooperation with the IT Department, manages security of deployed C&I systems.
● This is a remote work position, which may occasionally require visiting project sites for commissioning support and/or problem resolution. Travel requirement is not expected to exceed 10-20%.
● 5-10+ years in a leading role managing distributed networking, control and telemetry assets.
● Deep knowledge of Linux, LAN hardware and software, TCP/IP based networking systems, including network management, routing, switching and security, with demonstrated hands-on ability to troubleshoot networking problems.
● Prior experience managing assets controlled via ModBus interface through a communications gateway. Knowledge of ModBus is a must.
● Ability to write SW scripts as necessary to test / troubleshoot systems.
● Prior experience with management of ESS assets and/or remote electric metering systems is a strong plus.
● Bachelor’s degree in CS or equivalent.
● Highly analytical mindset, able to create custom analyses of fleet performance and generate and implement measures adjusting fleet management for improved performance.
● A highly motivated team-player, with ability to work effectively in remote work setting.
● A self-starter with excellent communications skills.
● Experience with both Microsoft and Google Workspace tools
● Prior experience in a fast-growing, start-up environment is preferred.
Compensation: $115k - $140k Annually +Bonus
Swell Energy, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Swell Energy, Inc. does not discriminate based on the following categories: race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 years and over), sexual orientation, veteran and/or military status, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, and any other status protected by state or federal law.