Swell is seeking a talented associate motivated to innovate at the forefront of renewable energy finance. Swell provides financing for distributed energy resources aggregated as a Virtual Power Plant (VPP). This new asset class benefits energy customers, utilities, and investors.
As an Associate, Financial Operations, will be a key contributor to critical capital market initiatives within the company, including all steps in sourcing, executing, and supporting project finance transactions. This role will support Swell’s existing and prospective investors and lenders, and will interact with internal groups including Legal, Tax, Accounting, Credit, Channel, Sales, and Product groups.
We encourage you to join a team of energy and technology leaders at a time when we are growing rapidly to meet the needs of the utility grid of the future.
In this role, you support overall team performance and development, and will lead key technical and analytical initiatives, including model development and ownership, transaction execution and support of existing project funds.
• Support team in outreach to investors across the capital stack (senior and subordinated debt, tax and project equity) for portfolios of residential and commercial Distributed Energy Resources (DERs)
• Prepare investor and other marketing materials to further position Swell as a leader in DER financing
• Lead model development to help optimize structuring of new products and project funds to achieve lowest cost of capital
• Participate in project fund raising and transactions execution
• Support capital markets activities, including sourcing, structuring, and executing transactions
• Collaborate with asset management team to monitor risk and optimize portfolio performance
• Develop and improve reporting and monitoring system infrastructure
• Experience with a bank, consulting firm, energy company, FinTech or similar in an analytical role
• Demonstrated analytical experience in cash flow modeling, debt and equity structuring, credit risk and sensitivity analysis
• 3+ years or more of experience in project finance, capital markets, or related field
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to articulate Swell’s capital markets objectives
• Strong negotiation skills and experience successfully navigating commercial and legal provisions for contracts from term sheet through definitive documents
• A track record of progressive advancement to a leadership
• Ability to collaborate with colleagues across a diverse organization
• Creative problem solver with the ability to prioritize resources towards the initiatives that bring the most value to the organization
• Impeccable judgement, character, and trustworthiness
• Quantitative capabilities, including financial analysis and all project fund and pricing models
• Qualitative and research capabilities, including competitive market trends
Preferred but Not Required:
• Startup experience
• Consumer finance experience
• Renewable energy experience
• MBA or similar advanced degree
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, engineering, or similar
Compensation: $100,000- $120,000 Annually
Swell Energy, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Swell Energy, Inc. does not discriminate based on the following categories: race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 years and over), sexual orientation, veteran and/or military status, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, and any other status protected by state or federal